This Osmosis, Diffusion, and Active Transport lesson plan also includes:
No, it really is okay to play with your food! Emerging scientists manipulate popcorn, eggs, and other household objects as they demonstrate multiple cellular processes. The activity, capable of modifications, is designed to reflect the processes of osmosis, diffusion, and active transport.
- Allow groups to design their own experiments that accurately reflect osmosis, diffusion, or active transport
- Food coloring may stain skin and clothing, so take precautions to avoid accidents
- Ensure students do not have allergies to any of the products used
- Provides opportunities for multiple question and answer segments that can lead to discussions throughout the activity
- Visuals provide a simple way to demonstrate concepts that can often be misunderstood