The Milky Way belongs to a cluster of galaxies called the local group and it could be considered our neighborhood! Use the PowerPoint to present information on the different galaxy types, both local and farther away. Scholars learn how the shape of the galaxy classifies it and that some galaxies are moving toward us.
- Assign groups to research the different galaxy types and present their findings
- Have learners create a graphic organizer to create notes on the different shapes of galaxies
- Expects pupils to have background knowledge of stars and the Milky Way Galaxy
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides the resource in an editable format
- Includes actual images of galaxies, adding relevance to the information