This /oul/ Word List worksheet also includes:
Would you put a hood on a good pudding cookie if you stood in the crook of a bush with a notebook? Yes, its the /oul/ sound and it's featured in this phonemic awareness activity that asks kids to identify and highlight the /oul/ sounds in a list of 26 words. The exercise, the 13th in a series of lessons designed to develop the conscious awareness of the sound structure of words and the awareness skills needed to detect the vowel sounds in words.
- Laminate the cards to permit reuse
- Some learners with dyslexia benefit from reading materials printed in dark brown ink on beige paper rather than the stark black ink on white paper
- Introduce only a few words at one time to reduce stress
- Although designed specifically for learners with dyslexia, the cards may be used to teach phonemic awareness to all those learning to read
- All the cards in the series feature the same typeface and include only one vowel sound on each card
- The /oul/ sound is features on a scrabble game attached to the resource