This Overcoming Obstacles in Factoring lesson plan also includes:
What do you do when factoring doesn't work? Learners complete the square when faced with quadratic expression that don't factor traditionally. They then use factoring by grouping to solve polynomial equations.
19 Views 15 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use a graphic organizer to record the different methods of solving polynomial equations
- Builds directly from the previous lesson in a 42-part series
- Consider extending this to a two-day lesson to allow time to develop the concepts
- Uses a discovery approach to determine the new methods of solving
- Provides suggestions for scaffolding and questioning throughout the lesson