This Owl Family Natural Selection lesson plan also includes:
How do genetic mutations within a population lead to future variations? Provide your class with the resources to answer this question and more upon completing an activity on natural selection. The entire class participates in a fun role play designed to enforce concepts of genetics, heredity, and natural selection so they may better understand how these principles relate to our own environment.
- Select another species and describe how genetic adaptations will affect its survival
- Randomly assign individuals the role of mother or father to encourage additional interactivity
- Follow safety protocol when using plastic forks to avoid accidents
- Materials may be recycled or stored for multiple uses
- Group interaction sparks creativity and encourages expanded discussions