This Owl Moon by Jane Yolen lesson plan also includes:
A thorough lesson plan takes your first grade class through Jane Yolen's beautiful Owl Moon. It crafts the unit with clear objectives, high-level guiding questions, cloze activities and sentence frames, and extension activities at the end of the lesson plan that are sure to get your kids to think critically.
- Use the lesson as a way to introduce figurative language, possibly before a narrative writing or poetry unit
- Have kids consider the guiding questions as a group, or in individual reading journals through the book
- Resource is based on the use of a document camera, but you could adapt it to meet your technological needs
- Assesses the book's complexity, its place in your curriculum, and any challenges that you might be able to anticipate for your learners
- Comes with an editable version of the lesson plan (attached)