Oxygen has many important properties ... such as sustaining most living things. But magnetism? Discover the behavior of oxygen in its chilly liquid form using a video from a larger playlist on physics. Watch as liquid oxygen is poured on charged electromagnets and becomes suspended between them.
- Liven up a lesson on magnetism with the video demonstration
- Pause the video before it reveals the reason for oxygen's magnetism to discuss the phenomenon with the class
- Make sure learners understand basic magnetism principles before watching the video
- The comparison of liquid oxygen with liquid nitrogen in terms of magnetic properties is well-written
- Close-ups of the liquid interacting with the magnets are very engaging