Make real connections in literature and in life. While reading, class members fill out links for a chain, circling the connection type, noting the page number, and commenting on each one. When they've completed all the links, they cut them out and tape them together into a chain.
- Print this page on colored paper and hang the final products around the room
- Complete the first one together and invite pupils to complete the rest individually as they work through the text as a whole
- A creative idea to help pupils concentrate their energy on the connections in a text and create a visual representation of these connections
- Nicely formatted page is ready to use immediately and with any text
- Once the chain is complete, it might be difficult to read the writing on each of the links