This Parallel Lines and Transversals: Lesson video also includes:
Segment transversals proportionally. Given a diagram with three parallel lines and two transversals, the narrator of a short video points out the parallel lines cut the transversals proportionally. The portion of a long playlist on geometry provides examples of the theorem in action.
- Create a proof of the proportionality of segments of transversals between parallel lines
- Assumes pupils are familiar with the Triangle Proportionality Theorem
- Individuals should be comfortable solving proportions
- Show the mathematical steps in the examples
- Links to practice in identifying parallel lines and transversals