This Parallel Lines in the Coordinate Plane: Lesson video also includes:
Discover the parallel structure of parallel lines. Provided with two parallel lines on a coordinate plane, the presenter shows that the rise and run, or slope, of the two lines are the same. The resource, which is a portion of a larger playlist on geometry, uses the slope-intercept formula to find the equation of a parallel line.
- Review how to find the equation of a line with a given slope passing through a point
- The class should understand the concept of slope
- Individuals should be familiar with slope-intercept form of a line
- Contains a link to more resources
- Works through examples in finding parallel lines on the coordinate plane