This Parental Liability lesson plan also includes:
How many teenagers have wanted their parents to let them make their own decisions? The answer is ... all of them! Scholars investigate where parental liability begins and ends in the eyes of the law. Using case studies and legal decisions, they uncover to what extent a democratic society lets parents liberate their children legally.
- Include current events about issues where parents have been found responsible for their children's actions
- Invite a law enforcement official into class to discuss parental liability and the law as it pertains to local issues
- Group size should be no more than three
- Be aware of the sensitivity the topic to some individuals
- Resource contains printable materials for classroom use
- Contains teacher deliberation guide with possible student responses to better prep instructors