Use the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus to find a derivative. With an example, pupils observe how being to derive a formula to help determine the derivative of any given integral. The video derives the formula using the first part of the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus and then determine the derivative of a complex integral. Scholars see how the derived formula works no matter how the limits are expressed for an integral.
- Provide opportunities for the class to identify the different functions and plug them into the formula without evaluating
- Requires the knowledge of integrals
- The class should be familiar with the chain rule
- Makes connections to the specific rules for integrals and the derived formula
- Explains each step in evaluating the derivative