How much pressure is exerted by the mixture of gases in a scuba tank? Introduce pupils to Dalton's Law of Partial Pressure and vapor pressure in the video sure to interest the class. The video also reminds viewers that gases are not always in ideal situations, and scientists need to take into account each gas individually.
- Use as a station in class which explores the Ideal Gas Law
- Write questions that support the video, addressing why knowledge of partial pressure is necessary in given situations
- Video assumes the learner understands moles and gas pressure
- Must have a computer, access to the Internet, and projection device
- Video uses examples (a scuba tank and collecting gas over water) to explore Dalton's Law of Partial Pressure
- An engaging video that uses simple analogies to explore complex concepts
- Video moves quickly through complex concepts