An engaging PowerPoint presentation helps scholars learn the definition of a noun and provides examples of different types of nouns, such as person, place, abstract, and concrete nouns. Formative assessments within the resource check individuals' understanding.
- Create guided notes for pupils that align with the presentation so they may have a study guide for assessments
- Have learners create their own MadLibs-type paragraph by writing about a topic, removing all of the nouns from their writing, and substituting the nouns with blanks; use it as a learning check for the material
- Seating arrangements should be structured for direct instruction
- Formative assessment with answers is embedded in presentation
- Presentation begins with an attention-getting question—engaging from the start
- Resource references MySpace, an out-of-date technology that some scholars may not recognize