Why was the road crossed by the chicken? Because the writer forgot to write in active voice. Many myths surround the use of passive voice. Thankfully, an informative handout explains how to recognize passive voice and when it's okay to use in a sentence.
- Write a paragraph using passive voice and discuss the problems that occur while reading
- Employ the use of a passive voice checker in the classroom and evaluate its accuracy
- Assumes writers know the difference between passive and active voice
- Offers numerous examples to help illustrate each point
- Provides specific strategies to use during the editing process
- Text heavy with most information contained in lengthy paragraphs