Teach and taught, learn and learned! Work with your class on the past tense with some guided practice and a game. As a class, match the present tense verbs with their past tense counterparts. Learners then split off into pairs to play the game, which requires them to say sentences out loud that include certain past tense verbs.
- Add this into your unit on the past tense
- Use this at the end of a lesson on the past tense for a reward
- This activity would work well with English language learners, as it provides the opportunity for guided practice as well as practice speaking out loud
- Includes a game board for students to play on
- A word bank is provided as a scaffold
- The first page of the resource describes the exercises for the teacher