This Pastoralists and Agrarians: Identifying Connections between Historical and Contemporary Migration lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Pastoralists and agrarians, livestock raisers and farmers. Using the conflict in Darfur as a lens, class members investigate the conflicts that arise when these groups are forced to migrate from one area to another.
14 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups research current causes and issues surrounding migration out of Africa and the Middle East into Europe
- No map is included in the resource; therefore, post a large world resource map and have class members identify migration routes
- The four-page packet includes a brief overview of the project, a materials list, step-by-step directions, an activity, links to related resources, and assessment suggestions
- The resource presumes class members understand the concepts of Arabization, Africanization, and Islamization