Patch up any misconceptions about writing functions. Scholars undertake a performance task that has them first examine a pattern in patchwork cushions. They represent the patterns in triangular and rectangular blocks using a table and as algebraic functions.
- Use the worksheet as part of a formative assessment
- Experience with recognizing patterns is necessary
- Learners must be familiar with linear, quadratic, and exponential functions
- Provides space for work and lines for explanations
- Includes scoring rubric for the task
- Does not include a lesson or instructional materials