This Patterning Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
- Graphics & Images
- Join to access all included materials
Open the eyes of young mathematicians to the patterns that are found everywhere in the world around them. After a shared reading of I See Patterns by Linda Benton, children complete a series of hands-on activities that teach them how to identify, extend, and create patterns of their very own.
- Color and laminate the pattern strips, using them as a math learning center in pre-k and kindergarten classrooms
- After finishing their I See Patterns Everywhere! book, have children share their work with a partner while discussing the different patterns they created
- Lesson calls for a copy of I See Patterns by Linda Benton, which may be found in your school or local library
- Includes a printable book for students to complete titled I See Patterns Everywhere!
- Offers ideas for extending learning about patterns into classroom routines and procedures
- Lesson offers a clearly written procedure and includes all supporting materials