How much money does the store make on the new sneakers you just bought? Use the video lesson to explore the formula for determining percent markup based on a selling price. The example shown explains how to determine a selling price given a percent markup and a purchase price.
- Have your pupils research common percent markups for different types of items
- Create a set of problems for practice after watching the video
- Expects fluency with percent and decimal work
- After completing the problem, the instructor checks the solution to make sure it makes sense with the given information
- Only works through one example with one set of given information; video does not show how to complete a problem if the given information is different