This Percent Rate of Change lesson plan also includes:
If mathematicians know the secret to compound interest, why aren't more of them rich? Young mathematicians explore compound interest with exponential functions in the twenty-seventh installment of a 35-part module. They calculate future values of accounts with compound interest.
- Have the class research interest rates at various local banks
- Learners should have prior experience with some basic compound interest problems in Algebra I
- Pupils need to also have an intuitive understanding of limits
- Resource includes a problem set to use as either a homework assignment or class work
- Scaffolding tips give teachers ideas on how to make learning accessible to all class members