This Perpetual Ocean video also includes:
Salty sailors in days gone by used to speak of the seven seas. What they didn't know was that their world was one big ocean! Seaworthy scholars climb aboard an adventure that features the major ocean currents during a lesson from PBS's Weather and Climate series. The resource features an animation and click-through look at the current patterns that shape climate all around the world.
- Use one of the discussion questions as an exit ticket to check understanding
- Create small groups and assign each a particular current for further study
- Pause the animation at key points to ensure pupils understand the location of the currents and the current patterns they're observing
- A high level of detail brings the ocean currents to life before viewers' eyes
- Engaging discussion questions encourage data analysis and using data to support explanations