This Person to Person: Challenge Activities (Theme 4) unit also includes:
The world is a big place—discover it! A series of challenge activities designed to accompany Theme 4: Person to Person encourages learners to explore the world around them. Project-based activities promote research and writing skills in the first of three installments.
- Take pieces from individual newsletters and put together a class newsletter to send home to parents
- Pre-select and print articles on China to use as sources for research
- Assign research and work on projects as homework to allow time in class for other activities
- Provides clear, student-friendly expected outcomes for each activity
- Develops creative writing skills through reading response activities
- Suggests using a cassette and cassette recorder, which is technology that may not be available