This Phineas Gage: Assessment Strategy lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Close up your study of Phineas Gage: A Gruesome but True Story About Brain Science with a letter-writing assignment. Pupils prepare by journaling and sharing with a partner. They then compose letters that focus on a big idea from the text and propose solutions to some of Gage's problems.
- Have learners create a portfolio that includes this letter as well as the other items they have created throughout the unit
- The plan suggests that individuals try to write the essay in class and finish at home if necessary; since this is the final assessment, some learners may wish to either have a timed essay or have a revision process built into the assignment
- Includes instructions for pupils that lay out a suggested format for the letter
- Provides a graphic organizer that learners can use to prepare their problems and suggested solutions