Build creative thinking and organization skills with a beautiful quilting project. Young photographers use a digital camera and computer to create photo transfers, which they will use to create a photo quilt square. They sew or embroider their squares and use them to create an imaginative and expressive textile piece.
- This would be a great project for Youth Art Month
- Display the class quilt in the school hallway, cafeteria, or main office
- Assign a theme to the photographs based on what the class is studying or a school-wide focus on healthy living, anti-bullying, or student leadership
- Requires materials to create the quilt, including cameras, digital editing software, photo transfer paper, and fabric
- Connects sewing, photography, and digital skills into one project