This resource also includes:
After reading Loree Leedy's There's a Frog in My Throat: 440 Animal Sayings a Little Bird Told Me, kids create and illustrate their own poems that convey the meaning of an idiom. The poems are then transferred into Shutterfly's Photo Story, or a similar publishing program, to produce a class idiom book.
- Create a sample photo story idiom book, or saves copies year-to-year to use as samples
- The activity as designed requires tablets and Shutterfuly Photo Story or a similar publishing program
- The resource packet includes a checklist/rubric
- Although many idiom sites are available on the Internet, no lists and/or links are included in the resource
- No models are included
- The activity assumes class members are familiar with poetry writing and how to craft poems