This Photoelectric Effect-Tennis Ball video also includes:
Different light has different energy! An informative video describes the photoelectric effect by describing the result of different wavelengths of light hitting metal. The instructor describes the threshold of releasing electrons as a well. The greater the photon energy coming in, the greater the kinetic energy of the electron leaving the well.
- Recreate the experiment described in the video with your classes; use the video as a summary and explanation of what pupils see in the experiment
- Viewing the YouTube video requires Internet access
- Builds directly from the previous video in this series of lessons
- The seventh lesson in a 14-part series
- Instructor is energetic and engaging
- Does not actually perform the experiment; uses computer-generated images and a description of the process