This Photos assessment also includes:
Why do all sizes of pictures not show the same thing? Class members analyze aspect ratios of various sizes of photos. They determine which sizes have equivalent ratios and figure out why some pictures need to be cropped to fit particular sizes. The task is the fifth in an eight-part series.
- Bring in school pictures of different sizes to compare aspect ratios
- Present the task about three-fourths of the way through a unit on proportional reasoning to determine who needs additional instruction
- The class needs to know how to determine equivalent ratios
- Includes examples of solutions
- The rubric details point distributions for partially correct and correct answers