Clarify the different types of phrases and clauses that young writers can use to vary their sentence structure. A helpful slideshow presentation encourages your class to fix sentences by adding more interesting phrases and clauses, creating compound sentences with coordinating conjunctions.
- Assign the presentation for homework the night before the grammar lesson, encouraging class members to take notes and jot down examples
- Split the class into groups and assign each one a type of phrase or clause to write more examples
- The presentation is titled Writing a Cover Letter, which does not match the topic of the presentation (phrases and clauses)
- Provides straightforward explanations and examples of each concept
- Slideshow is brief, which makes it a great review tool
- Each slide has a lot of text