Challenge your pupils to match words to images with these 29 pairs. Each word includes a consonant blend, either initial or final, and should be matched with its corresponding image either by simply putting two correct cards together or in a memory-style game.
- Encourage pupils to say each word out loud as they match the cards in order to practice reading and pronunciation at the same time
- Play this game in between or instead of traditional phonics worksheets
- While these cards would be best printed in color, none of the images depend on it
- Words are paired with high-quality clip art
- The resource is a Word document and can be edited and customized
- The image for stop does not match; this can be easily fixed