- Picture this. Class members follow in the footsteps of W. Eugene Smith, Dorothea Lange, James Nachtwey, and Lewis Hine by creating their own photo essay about a local event or issue.
30 Views 24 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Arrange to have the in the school library and/or in the community center
- Best suited to photography classes
- Requires access to cameras, photo supplies, and a darkroom
- While designed for photography classes, the activity is appropriate for any course and can be easily tailored to the technology available at your school
- The resource includes a detailed materials list, a step-by-step plan, and links Dorothea Lange's photographs
RI.6.1 RI.6.7 W.6.2.a W.6.4 W.6.7 W.6.8 SL.6.1.a SL.6.2 SL.6.4 RI.7.1 RI.7.7 W.7.2.a W.7.4 W.7.7 W.7.8 SL.7.1.a SL.7.2 SL.7.4 RI.8.1 RI.8.7 W.8.2.a W.8.4 W.8.7 W.8.8 SL.8.1.a SL.8.2 SL.8.4 RI.9-10.1 RI.9-10.7 W.9-10.2.a W.9-10.4 W.9-10.7 W.9-10.8 SL.9-10.1.a SL.9-10.2 SL.9-10.4 RI.11-12.1 RI.11-12.7 W.11-12.2.a W.11-12.4 W.11-12.7 W.11-12.8 SL.11-12.1.a SL.11-12.2 SL.11-12.4