- Picture this. Class members follow in the footsteps of W. Eugene Smith, Dorothea Lange, James Nachtwey, and Lewis Hine by creating their own photo essay about a local event or issue.
11 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Arrange to have the in the school library and/or in the community center
- Best suited to photography classes
- Requires access to cameras, photo supplies, and a darkroom
- While designed for photography classes, the activity is appropriate for any course and can be easily tailored to the technology available at your school
- The resource includes a detailed materials list, a step-by-step plan, and links Dorothea Lange's photographs
RI.6.1 RI.6.7 RI.7.1 RI.7.7 RI.8.1 RI.8.7 RI.9-10.1 RI.9-10.7 RI.11-12.1 RI.11-12.7 W.6.2 W.6.4 W.6.7 W.6.8 W.7.2 W.7.4 W.7.7 W.7.8 W.8.2 W.8.4 W.8.7 W.8.8 W.9-10.2 W.9-10.4 W.9-10.7 W.9-10.8 W.11-12.2 W.11-12.4 W.11-12.7 W.11-12.8 SL.6.1 SL.6.2 SL.6.4 SL.7.1 SL.7.2 SL.7.4 SL.8.1 SL.8.2 SL.8.4 SL.9-10.1 SL.9-10.2 SL.9-10.4 SL.11-12.1 SL.11-12.2 SL.11-12.4