This Piggybook: A Read4Health Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
"You are pigs." With those three simple words, the lives of the Piggott family were changed forever. Read aloud the children's story Piggybook by Anthony Browne and teach your class the importance of personal responsibility, learning from the mistakes of Mr. Piggott and his two sons. A list of activities is provided to extend the instructional activity, including creating storyboards, writing diary entries, and participating in hypothetical conversations between characters from the story. Explore this book at the beginning of the school year and establish the importance of personal responsibility both inside and outside of the classroom.
- The story Piggybook clearly demonstrates the importance of personal responsibility
- Extension activities provide learners with multiple opportunities for accessing the content of the story
- Questions are provided for guiding a class discussion about the book
- Includes a YouTube video of the story being read aloud
- Post-reading activities require the teacher to develop scaffolding that supports children with the learning objectives