Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh that one is the fastest. The teacher demonstration is the second part of a four-part series. The class observes how different pill types dissolve in simulated stomach acid. They determine which one dissolves the fastest.
- Have the class suggest other forms of medicine taken orally and whether they would need to be dissolved
- Make predictions based upon personal experience the order the pills will dissolve
- To make it easier for the class to see, project the beakers onto a screen
- The demonstration has questions for the teacher to use to get the class think about what they saw
- The resource has a couple of suggestions to scale the activity for more advanced classes