This Planetary Rescue Squad interactive also includes:
Ready, aim ... learn! Increase scholars' understanding of force, mass, distance, and angle using an engaging interactive. Pupils participate in a series of rescue missions where they launch supplies at a target with an adjustable cannon. The resource illustrates how force and launch angle affect the distance an object travels.
- Pair learners and have them take turns launching the cannon
- Create a competition to see who has the most successful launches with the fewest attempts
- Each student needs a computer with Internet access to complete the activity
- Highlighted trajectories help users gauge the effectiveness of their launches and adjust accordingly
- The interactive is a great tool for both introducing and reviewing force-mass-distance concepts