Dive into the world of plankton. The 17th installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program introduces different types of plankton. Young scientists then use what they have learned to classify plankton from pictures.
- Have learners research the taxonomic classification of their favorite marine animals
- Learners should already be familiar with the Linnaean taxonomic system
- The first of several lessons on marine life
- Activity is contained with the lecture slideshow
- Teacher notes contain additional resources for more information on plankton