Why can't plants escape prison? Because their cells were surrounded by walls. Introduce viewers to the evolution of plants with a video that discusses the differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, plant cells' organelles, and discusses the differences between plant and animals cells.
- Pause video at 0:19 and ask learners what plants need to photosynthesize to see if they can be more accurate than the narrator who leaves out carbon dioxide
- Preview video to script questions; pause and ask pairs your questions and discuss
- Have learners create Venn diagrams comparing plant and animal cells after the video
- Video six in a series of 40
- Short but interesting section on the evolution of plants
- Links to other crash course videos are embedded