Ginkgo trees existed for more than 350 million years, and, at this time, only one species still remains. While plant diversity generally increases over geologic time, some interesting exceptions occur. Young scientists learn about plant diversity with an in-depth presentation.
- Walk around outside of the school taking photos and identifying each plant
- Go into more detail on the evolution of plants to point out the diversity in nature today
- Relies on prior knowledge of plants, photosynthesis, and the parts of cells
- Allow for editing to fit individual classes
- Identifies all vocabulary words in red