Why does a plant grow toward the sun? The video, part of a Fuse School Plants playlist, explains the chemical processes behind plant growth. It details how auxins, gibberellins, and the sun work together. From curving plant stems to curving roots, the science interests many pupils.
- Discuss different methods of shaping plants
- Hypothesize the possible causes of the Crooked Forest
- Relies on prior knowledge of tropisms, phototropisms, and geotropisms
- Diagrams show the action at the cellular level
- Works well in traditional or flipped classrooms