Individuals select a plant, illustrate it in their journal, record observations, and create a life story for their plant that accounts for its features and any unique properties. Using these descriptions, a partner attempts to locate this same plant.
- Ask participants to craft both informational journal entries and a narrative for their plant and discuss the differences between these two writing forms
- The activity requires either a school garden or access to a campus area that contains a variety of plants
- To extend the activity, have individuals research their plant and compare their observations to the information available online
- The activity encourages close observation and clarity of description
- Detailed directions are included in the packet