This Plate Boundaries and Plate Interactions activities & project also includes:
How does the Earth continually repair itself? Explore the answer to this question, and others, with a unit on plate boundaries and interaction. Pupils classify the types of movement at plate boundaries and identify the distribution of plates around various geographical areas. They conclude with a discussion on plate tectonics and current settings within their local communities.
- Have individuals research the history of plate tectonics and its evolution over the past millennium; relate their findings to your local geographical area
- Show video segments to further aid the class in visualizing plate boundaries and their importance
- Aid English learners with any assessment questions or tasks as needed
- Offers the ability to witness occurrences, from a digital perspective, that determine patterns in Earth's foundational structure
- The lesson is easy to expand with an activity to predict shifts in plates for other geographical locations around the globe
- Document permissions do not allow for printing