This Plate Tectonics lesson plan also includes:
Young scholars observe a presentation on plate tectonics, layers of the earth, and plate boundaries. They then use the Internet to research major plates and label them on a world map.
74 Views 67 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Research how scientists define the boundaries of the plates that cover the earth's crust
- Lesson references the six continents, combining Europe and Asia into one
- Carefully consider if the activity would be better completed by individuals or in groups based on your students and access to the Internet
- Highlights vocabulary throughout the presentation
- Some items listed as facts are disputed or out of date within the scientific community