This Plate Tectonics II lesson plan also includes:
Mid-ocean ridges, rift valleys, island arcs, mountain ranges, earthquakes, volcanoes ... there are so many features associated with plate tectonics. The 14th installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program first explores tectonic plates and how different plate movements cause certain geologic features. Pupils then engage in an activity locating geological features using a computer program developed by NOAA.
- Use the resource as a stand-alone lesson in earth science
- Lesson builds on the previous lesson (Plate Tectonics I)
- Activity requires Internet access and QuickTime
- Demonstration with candy will be sure to interest pupils, especially if they get to eat it afterwards
- Teachers in D.C. Public Schools will appreciate alignments to local standards