This Plotting Points and Naming Quadrants - Concept video also includes:
Did you know that a fly started the idea of the coordinate plane? A video introduces the Cartesian Coordinate Plane and the vocabulary associated with it. The resource provides the procedure in which to plot a point along with determining the quadrant where the point resides. The presenter works a few example problems to help solidify the concept for learners.
- Use the video in a flipped classroom setting
- Have the class do the problems prior to seeing the answers
- The video makes an assumption that the class is comfortable with ordered pairs
- One of the problems provides an example with fractions
- Transcripts accompany the videos
- The graph in the example problems does not include a scale