Can't read this now, I'll have to check it out later. A teacher's time is always limited. So often as we peruse the web for personal and professional content, we come across sites and information that we cannot immediately browse. Enter, the Pocket app! More than an image-saving tool, Pocket allows you to save articles, videos, recipes, webpages, etc. to a single, organized location. No more cluttering your inbox with e-mails of random links or forgetting that great video that you wanted to watch with your class. Pocket has you covered!
Quickly curate and save material (articles, videos, recipes, webpages, etc.) you find online to review at a later time.
- Items saved are clearly presented and organized on the Pocket app display
- Sharing extensions allow you to save from most apps (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- E-mail links to email@example.com to save from apps without a Pocket button
- Turn on Instant Sync by enabling Push Notifications
- Display utilizes simple, intuitive icons (tags, favorites, archive, inbox) to help organize your curated links
- Save embedded videos in articles
- Share articles via e-mail or straight to other Pocket users
- Customize font settings, color styles, and view cards
- Check items off your list after you've read them, and keep them stored in your archive
How techie do I need to be?
- Set up tags to reflect your classroom and curriculum needs (i.e. Videos for a Rainy Day, Articles for Good Discussion, Subject-Specific, etc.), so that you can easily reference and display those links during class
- Have students download this app to help them curate and easily refer back to sources for a research project or general classwork
- Share educational articles and useful instructional videos with colleagues using the various sharing options available
- It may take some time in the beginning to download extensions and familiarize yourself with how to save links; however, after this is done, the process is very easy and intuitive!
- To reduce data usage on your device, set up the app to only download when connected to Wi-Fi
- A Premium account (in-app purchase) offers a Permanent Library of personal backups and text searching
- Internet connectivity not required
- Excellent scaffolding of information, right from the start
- Intuitive design, clearly organized layout
- Supports most devices with several browser extensions