This Poetry from the Trenches of World War I lesson plan also includes:
Often, the real-life experiences of soldiers gets lost back home when the war seems so far away. Scholars investigate the personal side of World War I in the trenches of Europe to complete a collaborative social studies activity. When finished, they leave with an understanding of life in the middle of war, and how poetry explains and distances from your surroundings.
- Have the lyrics of the song visible while it plays to set the mood of the lesson
- Set up tags with the assigned roles ready at the group stations
- Limit group size by how many stations you can set up
- The eighth and final installment of the series
- Contains downloadable PowerPoint for classroom use
- Includes printable worksheets, poems, rubric, and visuals