This Poetry Speaking and Listening Standards lesson plan also includes:
Celebrate April's National Poetry Month or enrich a poetry unit with a wealth of language arts material. Class members develop an oral interpretation of a poem and/or develop a podcast interview with a poet.
24 Views 13 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have members of the school's speech and debate class or club model a presentation for the class
- April is National Poetry Month
- Designed to address high school Common Core Speaking and Listening standards
- The six-page packet includes two detailed plans, suggestions for how prepare for an oral interpretation presentation, sample introductions, a link to a YouTube model, and a rubric to assess the performance
- A fresh approach for meeting the Common Core standards for speaking and listening