This Points that Partition Line Segments: Cutting a Log interactive also includes:
Teach ratios of line segments using an interactive approach. Scholars examine a line segment in the shape of a log and use their knowledge of ratios to divide it into various partitions. As an introductory lesson, the segment has a horizontal orientation.
- Follow the lesson with a lab investigation of similar nature
- Must create a free CK-12 account to access interactive resources
- Requires a strong understanding of ratios
- Provides hints in the interactive part of the lesson
- Includes lesson resources with important background knowledge