This Policy Brief website also includes:
Not all writing assignments take the form of an essay. When it comes to politics, it's all about policy briefs. This type of writing is the topic of an informative handout, which is part of a larger series on specific writing assignments. Using the handout, writers learn the purpose and form of this type of paper, as well as receive tips for capturing the appropriate tone and fixing common problems.
- Give each small group a policy brief to analyze and share with the class
- Challenge learners to create policy briefs in pairs to send to local politicians
- Resources and works consulted section contains hyperlinks to supplementary content
- Shares examples of good and not-so-good policy briefs
- Combines academic content with a more conversational tone to engage readers
- Sample content only focuses on one issue rather than providing multiple styles