Democrats, Republicans, Tea Party members, the Green Party, and Libertarians are just some of the political parties that exist in the United States government and politics. Scholars research the creation of a political party and how they choose their nominees to run for public office. The 40th video in a 50-part series generates open discussion on the need and purpose of having political parties in the United States.
- Extend the lesson with unit resources on the formation of political parties in the United States
- Invite local politicians as guest speakers to present why they are a part of a party
- Video is less than 10 minutes, a great supplement to a unit on political parties
- Includes primary source information to use for future research
- Lesson provides a thought bubble that animates the key concepts for visual learners