Dividing a degree three polynomial by a linear divisor is a several step process. Pupils see how to use long division to divide a polynomial by a linear divisor. The video then works through the steps of finding the terms of the quotient and determining the remainder.
- Brainstorm when it might be obvious there will be a remainder
- Have the class come up with their own problems to practice
- Scholars should know how to multiply a polynomial by a monomial
- Uses colors to highlight changing the sign during the subtraction
- Shows two ways to write the answer